The Airplane Factory
The Sling 4 was designed with the aim of creating the most practical and desirable light sport aircraft available. Some of the features which make the Sling such a fine aircraft include:
- Her flying characteristics - perfectly coordinated, highly responsive controls (she feels like a fighter jet without being over-sensitive);
- Her performance - close to the best across the full range of qualities;
- Her aluminum construction - for ease and consistency of construction and proven strength and lifespan;
- Her airframe strength and durability – she won’t break easily and if you treat her right, she’ll last you for the rest of your life;
- Her excellent instrumentation options;
- Her wide cockpit, excellent all around view and substantial luggage capacity;
- The incorporation, by design, of a ballistic parachute for safety;
- The use of high quality components throughout;
No single aircraft can fulfill the special needs of every pilot. Nevertheless, The Airplane Factory believes that the Sling enjoys a set of qualities that will fulfill the needs, at the highest level, of many pilots and flight training schools.
The Sling comprises a stressed skin semi-monocoque structure, precision punched from sheet aluminium by CNC punch. Punching is so precise that no drilling-out or de-burring is required. Parts go together much as with a child’s "Mechano" toy. The entire build is light, precise and simple, even for beginners to manage.